Friday, December 19, 2014

Photos on your contacts.

I'm sure I knew about these a long time ago but a recent lesson from the Geeks on Tour got me thinking about doing it on my phone. I currently use a BlackBerry 9810 smart phone so it took a little bit of  fiddling to adapt the Android lesson to fit my current phone. But the principle is the same.

I first decided which people I wanted photos to appear on my phone when I called them or they called me. I chose about ten people to start with. I think I mentioned previously the Google program Picasa for managing photos on your personal computer. This program has a feature of face recognition which made searching for photos of certain people very easy. I found and cropped a good photo of each person, then attached the photos to an email to myself.

On my phone I then downloaded the attached photos and saved to my gallery. Then it was an simple edit to add the correct photo to each contact on my phone. Just a nice addition to see the face of the person you are talking to or calling.




No comments:

Post a Comment

It is nice to be important. But it is more important to be nice. Comment here. After I read and approve your comment I will add it to this blog.