Wednesday, December 10, 2014

My internet provider.

I have had the same internet provider since we moved to this address over 6 years ago. Initially it was Verizon, who was the local phone company at the time. A couple of years ago they sold out to Frontier, and my service plan went over to them. I had one DSL modem die since then, so they sent me a new one with WiFi about a year ago. With all the new gadgets we now have, using the internet, I thought maybe I needed a faster service. And I did, as my speed test revealed.



After coming from a dial-up service to DSL the performance seemed terrific. But like most things with technology, if you snooze you loose. I found out my current speed is not even offered anymore and I was due a faster service and new modem for the same price I was currently paying. My new speed test is 5 times faster. Oh happy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is nice to be important. But it is more important to be nice. Comment here. After I read and approve your comment I will add it to this blog.