Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Illness

I don't know what I have but the symptoms are not fun. Itchy eyes, runny nose, sinus pain, sneezing, you get the picture. Call it what you will, it has the potential to mess up plans for the next couple of days. I am reluctant to take any medication, as that usually for me just prolongs recovery and doesn't help the problems all that much.

I talked to daughters yesterday and their families have some illness too. I guess it is that time of the year where these things happen. Knowing that really doesn't make me feel any better.

We managed to get out a little today, Post Office, grocery store. My wife was buying the ingredients to make a holiday favorite snack. While I was paying, she scooped up the full bag of groceries and headed for the car. Not seeing a shopping cart in her way she stumbled on it, just avoiding a headfirst sprawl on the floor. Thankfully the only damage appears to be a large bruise/lump on her instep and a larger blow to my peace of mind. That could have been a very unpleasant holiday in the hospital. Whew.

1 comment:

  1. Don't forget the trouble that would cause with your travel plans. I'm glad it wasn't any worse. See you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

It is nice to be important. But it is more important to be nice. Comment here. After I read and approve your comment I will add it to this blog.