Sunday, December 14, 2014

Drive In, Drive Thru, Drive Up.

I was reminded today how much convenience we have become used to. From banking to fast food to even weddings in Nevada, most any thing you want or need can be had without even leaving your car. I don't know when all this started, but I am pretty sure it became widespread in my lifetime , most likely after World War II. I guess this is something else for which we Baby Boomers can be blamed.

The doctor had called in some prescriptions to Walmart. So I planned on using their drive up service, since it is cold and I needed nothing from inside the store. Wouldn't you know the drive up was out of service, so I had to go inside to pick up my drugs. Luckily I was fully dressed (remove pajamas, put on jeans and shirt) so wasn't a big deal, just a small inconvenience. This too was Black Friday but it was not very busy, at least in the pharmacy section.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is nice to be important. But it is more important to be nice. Comment here. After I read and approve your comment I will add it to this blog.