Thursday, December 18, 2014

Pets



Since my my childhood days my family has owned several pets. Mostly dogs, but we did own a tom cat just after I was married, till my wife found out she was allergic to cat dander. That cat went to live in the country with my sister in-law.

The first dog I remember was called Spot. A mixed breed short hair that was white with a couple of large brown spots. I was 6 or 7 when and we lived in Cropsey, Illinois, a small town of about 150 people. Spot was an outside dog and was allowed to roam, even though he would often return home with scars from fighting with other dogs. I was heart broken when he was not allowed to move to Paxton with the family. I was told he was given to a farmer but don't know if that was true. I say that because that is the same story I told my kids when a dog had to be put to sleep.

Most recently my wife and I had three small dogs. One my wife got from a friend and we got 2 hand-me-down puppies from my oldest daughter, when my grandson was born. All three of those had to be put down, mostly from old age. so now we have no pets, which is a lot more convenient for our life style.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is nice to be important. But it is more important to be nice. Comment here. After I read and approve your comment I will add it to this blog.