Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Old photos. (Take three)

I would venture a guess that everyone has a box or album of old pictures around that you haven't looked at in ages. Mine range from school photos of my kids and grand kids to family shots taken before I was born to recent trips. All of these were taken with film and printed on paper. Not so convenient in this digital age. So I set myself to fixing that situation this week. Using my printer/scanner and computer I slowly removed the hard copy from it's storage place (album, frame, or shoe box) and copied each one to my hard drive. Not only that, but from there I backed them up on the Cloud (aka. internet) to a free storage  site. Where I can access and work with, from any computer connected to the internet. How great is that?

John & Joan


I used several pieces of software to accomplish this. Cannon MP Navigator (which came with the printer/scanner) to scan and save to my computer. Picasa (photo edit and management) free from Google to edit, resize and upload to the Cloud. And finally Photos (by Google +) to manage and share on the Cloud (internet) when and if I want to. That last "if" is important.

Google says as long as I keep each photo a small size I can have unlimited storage space free. That's good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is nice to be important. But it is more important to be nice. Comment here. After I read and approve your comment I will add it to this blog.