Friday, December 26, 2014

Christmas gathering.

We had our family get together yesterday at my daughter's house. Most of the family was there, about 12 adults and 8 kids. We had a nice meal and a small gift exchange. It's sad to say but true. I have lost my zest for gatherings of any size. Even my own family. I wish it weren't so but it is. I start looking for a reason to leave after a couple of hours. I am much more comfortable one on one or two.

I'm not sure when I began to feel this way about gatherings, weddings, funerals, parties, reunions. I think it has been in the last 20 years or so. I will have to ask my wife. Maybe she can remember. Is this a mental disorder? My wife had a brother-in law who had similar feelings. His was linked to disease, Huntington's I think. Mine is not as far as I know, linked to any particular thing. Maybe it's old age.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is nice to be important. But it is more important to be nice. Comment here. After I read and approve your comment I will add it to this blog.