Thursday, December 25, 2014

Legal Residence

Just thinking out loud. I have heard that Canadians need to return to their county for at least 6 months and 1 day every year to maintain their status in the government health care system for Canadians. I wonder if the US has any restrictions like that? Do states have any such requirements to keep your legal address in that state. I have heard of people who travel all year and spend little time in the place where they legally reside.

So when considering spending winters in a warmer clime legal residency might have to be considered. I am going to research this and I will do another post in this regard. How much of one's financial life is tied to that legal residence? I can think of several items. Tax on your income, car insurance rates, entry tickets to Disney World, you get the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is nice to be important. But it is more important to be nice. Comment here. After I read and approve your comment I will add it to this blog.