Tuesday, November 11, 2014

On "D" Island

After I retired my wife and I were able to travel much more than we had previously. We chose to go by bus tour on many an occasion. One of these included a stop at a world famous hotel (The Grand Hotel) on Mackinac Island in northern Michigan in the month of August.  That time of the year must be the best for a visit. This hotel was used as a movie location. Christopher Reeves and Jane Seymour starred in Somewhere in Time. I did not think much of the movie but the scenery was nice. The island is a step back in time as no motorized vehicles are allowed (except fire and ambulance). So horse drawn wagons and bicycle were how we got around. We had lunch at the Grand before departing. An experience you don't forget.  Map of the Grand Hotel



No comments:

Post a Comment

It is nice to be important. But it is more important to be nice. Comment here. After I read and approve your comment I will add it to this blog.