Saturday, November 15, 2014

International Travel

With all the traveling we have done since I retired we have been out of this country only twice. And one of those times was on foot. A less than 1/2 mile walk from an Indian owned and operated parking lot on our side to the Mexican village of Los Algodones across the border. My car insurance company was pleased to see us get a little exercise and leave our car behind. At that time all you needed to return to the US was your drivers license and a smile. We were in Arizona visiting relatives. One of many trips to the Valley of the Sun or better known as Phoenix.

Not just Phoenix, but places like Sedona and this church. Arizona is so very different from home, I guess that's why we enjoyed it so much. I think our first time there was a 5000 mile van ride for a nephew's wedding. And the last time, just before leaving, our much loved dog (Pocket) had to be put to sleep.









That experience made for a very long ride home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is nice to be important. But it is more important to be nice. Comment here. After I read and approve your comment I will add it to this blog.