Friday, November 28, 2014

Old photos (Take two)

Now here is a special moment in time. Grade one, for a lot of folks their first year in school. Now days it's more likely their 2nd, 3rd or 4th, if you count preschool. I don't remember much of my first year, my teacher, the building. I do think this may have been when I received my Polio vaccine. Three sugar cubes impregnated with  a liquid if I remember correctly. Given to us over a period of weeks I think. That was the year we also started brushing our teeth in school with a tooth powder. Maybe it was a fluoride treatment, I don't know.

Now look at that photo above. My youngest son was in this class.What strikes me is the class size. That is a very good number by today's standards. Also notice that some kids paid extra for for two pictures in one. Same story today, haves and have nots. I wonder where they all are today, what they have become.










No comments:

Post a Comment

It is nice to be important. But it is more important to be nice. Comment here. After I read and approve your comment I will add it to this blog.