Friday, November 21, 2014

Cell phones.

 As I told you in another post, my wife and each have a cell phone. Mine is a "smart phone". Hers is older style "flip phone". I call it the the not so smart phone. Actually it can do a lot of the things mine can but is mainly for phone calls (imagine that). We paid only $0.99 for hers with a two year service plan.

Anyway, the time is fast approaching when I will be able to renew my service contract and get a big discount on a new phone. So that is where the problem is. So many choices. My last two phones have been Blackberry. Yes they still make phones, but they have fallen way out of favor. I am pretty sure their market share is below 5%. That means very few programers will write Apps for them.  And a smart phone without Apps is not good. Since I am not a fan of Apple that leaves all the Androids. Of those Samsung looks like the leader. The only device I can remember I owned made by Samsung was a flat screen TV that died a month after the warranty ran out. Still, from what I have read the latest Samsung phones are as good as there are. We do own a Nexus 7 tablet, which is very nice. Right now it looks like the Samsung S-5 is the one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is nice to be important. But it is more important to be nice. Comment here. After I read and approve your comment I will add it to this blog.