Friday, November 14, 2014

Cutting the cord (AKA no landline)

Besides not having a regular phone line for over six years my wife and I seem to make out just fine with no television, cable or satellite. It's been that way now so long we don't even think about it. We do use Netflix on our high speed internet connection, so some of last season's TV programs  do get watched, without commercials :). Another part of my daily routine is watching a few regulars on YouTube. This website has a wide selection of short videos on any subject you can think of. From my friends Geeks on Tour to Trucker Josh there is more than enough to watch. I especially like the product reviews offered by consumers and producers alike.

Apparently we are not alone.


This is not the first time our family has gone without standard TV. Back in my working days we turned off the noise for extended periods. Just ask my kids, they will tell how they suffered (LOL) because of it.

2 comments:

  1. Funny....I don't remember "suffering" through any no-tv periods. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is because you grew up as the spoiled children. It was your older siblings that suffered. We would have cable on month and then they would shut it off for a couple of months. There seems to be a difference of opinion on why it was shut off. I always thought mom was tired of dad not getting his honey do list completed. Lol.

    ReplyDelete

It is nice to be important. But it is more important to be nice. Comment here. After I read and approve your comment I will add it to this blog.