Monday, November 10, 2014

Double Trouble

Everybody loves a baby. So why not "play two" as Ernie Banks used to say. When my youngest son found out his wife was expecting we were all excited. Even more so when it proved to be two identical girls. Not long after we had a little gathering (Meet the Twins) at our place so a few relatives could share in the adventure for an hour or two.


It now has been several years since we had that gathering. After a lot of hard work and dirty diapers those two are on their way to becoming young adults. This all has been a special thing to watch. Especially since my wife is a twin (brother John) and my wife's mother was an identical twin. Helen and Louise were the best of friends right till Helen died near the age of 90. Louise lived a few years more. For as long as I new her, Helen would coordinate her clothing with her sister at any function she attended with Louise. They even were to be buried in identical dresses.






No comments:

Post a Comment

It is nice to be important. But it is more important to be nice. Comment here. After I read and approve your comment I will add it to this blog.