Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Low Profile.

I do have a Facebook account but rarely use it. I occasionally "Like" another's post but that is about all.  Yesterday was the exception. I posted this, hoping to warn others.

I just now was fortunate to recognize and defeat a scam attempt by text message. The text in question said to the affect "State Bank Alert" Your VISA card has been deactivated. Call this number toll free. 801.***.****. It did not smell right so I called the number on my credit card to find out what was going on. No deactivation, all transactions correct and accounted for. BUYER BEWARE.

Technology is a great thing but no better than the people using or misusing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is nice to be important. But it is more important to be nice. Comment here. After I read and approve your comment I will add it to this blog.