Friday, January 9, 2015

End of the road.

I got a call from a golfing friend yesterday. He was canceling our golf outing for today. He received word his father in law (94 years old) was not doing well in Illinois.  So my friend and his wife were flying up there to be with him. It got me to thinking about death and serious illness. When old people die there is a lot less sorrow than when an young person does. In fact, when the quality of life of an old  person is poor, death comes as a blessing. That kind of thinking is surely tied to the Judeo-Christian heritage we have learned from our upbringing. We hope that our death is not the end but the start of something better. If that is not the case then death at any age would be as bad as the death of a young person.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is nice to be important. But it is more important to be nice. Comment here. After I read and approve your comment I will add it to this blog.