Wednesday, July 22, 2020

First the power, now this.

Trying to cook the evening meal we noticed one of the four burners on our gas range wasn't working properly. As I investigated I also noted the normally blue flame was heavily mixed with yellow flares on those burners that were working. So with a safety first approach, I called the gas utility company's hot line for assistance.  After the call on a Tuesday evening we waited about an hour for the service man to arrive.

Come to find out, a small piece of food or something had gotten into the orifice below the burner and was blocking the gas flow.  To clean it out required removal of the orifice which is something I would not attempt myself. So 30 minutes later all was well. The yellow flares are apparently the result of high humidity in the air and nothing out of the ordinary. I'm not sure what that will cost me, but worth it for the peace of mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is nice to be important. But it is more important to be nice. Comment here. After I read and approve your comment I will add it to this blog.