Saturday, February 7, 2015

The one that got away.

I know, I know, you have heard it before. The story about the fish that got away. Really, this did happen. This morning about 11am I went down to the lake for 30 minutes or so. I made  5 or 6 casts near the same spot where I caught the crappie pictured in a previous post. And WHAM something grabbed the bait and gave me quite a tussle. I tired him out and had him right up to the dock at my feet. Because the water was a couple of feet below the dock I couldn't reach his mouth to lift him, so I tried to lift him part way with the rod and line. Well the hook pulled out and he was gone. :( But take my word for it. At least 15 inches/ 2lbs of Large Mouth Bass. Needless to say, a trip to Walmart and the purchase of a landing net happened this very afternoon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

It is nice to be important. But it is more important to be nice. Comment here. After I read and approve your comment I will add it to this blog.